MEDIA, Pa. -- No. 1 Penn State Brandywine begins its postseason journey on Saturday in the conference semifinals against No. 4 Penn State Schuylkill as the Lions look to repeat as Penn State University Athletic Conference women's basketball champions. Brandywine will be serving as host for both the men's and women's tournaments beginning Saturday with the Lions' 1:00 pm game against Schuylkill.
How to follow: Live Stats | Video | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
• Brandywine has now reached the PSUAC semifinals during all 12 years of Head Coach Larry Johnson's tenure. The Lions are 6-5 during their previous 11 trips to the semifinals under Johnson.
• Brandywine has won five conference championships all-time, with three coming during Johnson's tenure, including a title in 2016-17. The team also won crowns in 2010-11 and 2006-07 under Johnson's guidance and in 1998-99 and 1992-93 when the league was known as the Commonwealth Campus Athletic Conference.
• Since the beginning of the 2009-10 season, Brandywine has won 12-straight games over Schuylkill. The Lions received 21 points from Nikki Velez and a 14-point, 14-rebound double-double from Crystal Miller to defeat Schuylkill on their home floor two weeks ago during the teams' lone meeting this winter.
• The teams have met once previously in the postseason. Brandywine claimed a 63-53 victory over Schuylkill during the 2006-07 PSUAC title game. That Brandywine team featured three 1,000-point scorers - Cara Zibelman, Deanna Gineitis and Dana Johnson - who combined for 44 points in the title game. Zibelman scored her 1,000th career point during the championship victory.
• Entering the postseason, Brandywine owns a 19-6 overall record, its sixth-straight season with at least 18 wins. A Brandywine win on Saturday would give the Lions a 20-win season for the fourth time in the last 12 years
• Velez owns 60 three-pointers in 22 games this season, tied for the PSUAC lead with Lehigh Valley's Hannah Bankes. Velez topped the conference with 81 triples as a freshman last winter.
• Saturday's matchup features the top two defensive teams in the PSUAC. Brandywine allowed a league-low 54.9 points per game in 14 conference contests, while Schuylkill ranked second at 56.9 points per outing. Brandywine also forced 21.9 turnovers per game, good for second in the PSUAC.
• Brandywine is the only campus to have both its men's and women's team represented this weekend. The men's team owns the No. 2 seed in the tournament and faces No. 3 Penn State York at 5:00 pm Saturday evening.
• The winner of Saturday's game advances to face the winner of the No. 2 Lehigh Valley - No. 3 Beaver game on Sunday at 3:30 pm in the PSUAC Championship.
June 11, 2018 Brandywine Places Fourth In USCAA Director’s Cup
March 2, 2018 Top-Ranked Mustangs Down Brandywine In USCAA Semifinals
March 1, 2018 USCAA Honors Gledhill On National Academic Team
February 28, 2018 Brandywine Women’s Basketball Duo Earns USCAA All-American Awards
February 27, 2018 Women’s Basketball Headed Back To USCAA Tournament
February 20, 2018 Brandywine Basketball Teams Learn Seeding, USCAA First Round Opponents
February 18, 2018 Brandywine Repeats As PSUAC Women’s Basketball Champion
February 17, 2018 Brandywine Rolls Into Final; Looks To Repeat As Champion
February 9, 2018 Brandywine Secures No. 1 Seed On Senior Night
February 6, 2018 Brandywine Basketball Celebrating Senior Class Friday Night
February 6, 2018 York Halts Brandywine's Winning Streak
February 3, 2018 Brandywine Bests Schuylkill; Winning Streak Hits 12 Games
February 2, 2018 Brandywine Tops Hazleton 80-69 For 11th-Straight Win
January 30, 2018 Brandywine Doubles Up Mont Alto 82-41
January 26, 2018 Fayette No Match For Lions In 78-55 Rout
January 25, 2018 Victory At Valley Forge Pushes Brandywine's Win Streak To Eight
January 22, 2018 Brandywine Claims Lopsided Road Victory In D.C.
January 20, 2018 Brandywine Cruises To Sixth-Straight Victory
January 19, 2018 Brandywine Starts Fast; Rolls Through Beaver
January 17, 2018 Brandi James Lauded As USCAA Player Of The Week
January 15, 2018 Third Quarter Run Leads Brandywine To Win At Wilkes Barre
January 13, 2018 Brandywine Edges Mont Alto; Improves To 5-0 In PSUAC
January 12, 2018 Lions Pick Up PSUAC Victory At DuBois
January 5, 2018 Brandywine Escapes Bryn Athyn With 50-44 Triumph
January 3, 2018 Brandywine Drops First Game After Break At Widener
December 20, 2017 Lions’ Rally Comes Up Short At Eastern
December 9, 2017 Brandywine Tops Scranton In Late-Night Affair
December 5, 2017 Brandywine Rides Strong Defensive Effort Past York
December 2, 2017 Brandywine Claims Conference Opener 68-53 At Lehigh Valley
November 30, 2017 Brandywine Deals Davis 69-49 Defeat
November 27, 2017 Berks Drops Brandywine In Lions’ Home Opener
November 21, 2017 Velez Earns PSUAC Player Of The Week Honors
November 21, 2017 Stanford Leads Brandywine Past Immaculata
November 19, 2017 Brandywine Pulls Away From Bryn Athyn For First Win
November 18, 2017 Lions Drop Neumann Tournament Opener
November 15, 2017 Brandywine Falls Short In Overtime At Rosemont
November 14, 2017 Basketball Season Tips Off Wednesday