MEDIA, Pa. -- The Penn State Brandywine women's basketball team will be seeded fifth when the Lions begin their United States Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament run on Thursday against No. 4 Warren Wilson College inside Maltho Arena on the campus of Penn State Fayette. Game time is scheduled for 7:30 PM.
How to follow: Live Stats | Video
• Brandywine will be playing at the USCAA Tournament for the fifth time in program history, the most among any of Brandywine's 16 varsity teams. All five of the Lions' appearances have come since the 2009-10 season under the guidance of Head Coach Larry Johnson. Brandywine is competing at the national level in back-to-back years for the first time since 2009-10 and 2010-11.
• Brandywine meets Warren Wilson College for the first time on Thursday in the national quarterfinals. Warren Wilson, located in western North Carolina, earned a bid to the USCAA Tournament for the first time since 2013-14. The Owls sport an 18-8 record, but three of their losses came to NCAA Division I opponents.
• Brandywine received the automatic bid to the USCAA Tournament after the Lions captured the Penn State University Athletic Conference Tournament for the second-straight year. On their home floor, Brandywine defeated No. 2 Penn State Lehigh Valley 70-63 on Feb. 18 in the championship game. The title was Brandywine's sixth all-time and fourth during Johnson's 12-year tenure.
• Following Sunday's championship game, a pair of players from Brandywine received all-conference selections. Nikki Velez earned first team recognition for the second-straight year after leading the team in scoring at 15.0 points per game, while Brandi James, the team's top rebounder (7.6 rpg) and second-leading scorer (11.4 ppg), claimed second team honors. In addition, Johnson earned PSUAC Coach of the Year for the sixth time.
• Entering the USCAA Tournament, Brandywine owns 21 victories, one win shy of matching the single-season program record set last season. In Johnson's 12 seasons on the bench, the Lions have won at least 20 games four times.
• Brandywine ranks as the fourth-best free throw shooting team in the USCAA at 68 percent and stands eighth in three-point shooting (31.1 percent), while Warren Wilson also lists free throw and three-point shooting as strengths as the Owls shoot 76 percent from the charity stripe and 33.4 percent from beyond the arc. Individually, Velez tied for sixth in three-point percentage (40.0) and stands eighth overall with 68 total triples this season.
• Joining the women at the USCAA Tournament for the first time will be Brandywine's men's basketball team, which also won the PSUAC title. Brandywine is one of four teams to be represented in both the men's and women's brackets. Brandywine is also one of fewer than 60 schools at any level of college basketball this season to have two 20-win teams. In the state of Pennsylvania, only Brandywine, Cabrini, IUP, Juniata and Villanova feature a pair of 20-win basketball teams.
• A win on Thursday would send Brandywine to the semifinals on Friday night at 9:00 pm against either No. 1 Central Maine or No. 8 Penn State Fayette.
June 11, 2018 Brandywine Places Fourth In USCAA Director’s Cup
March 2, 2018 Top-Ranked Mustangs Down Brandywine In USCAA Semifinals
March 1, 2018 USCAA Honors Gledhill On National Academic Team
February 28, 2018 Brandywine Women’s Basketball Duo Earns USCAA All-American Awards
February 27, 2018 Women’s Basketball Headed Back To USCAA Tournament
February 20, 2018 Brandywine Basketball Teams Learn Seeding, USCAA First Round Opponents
February 18, 2018 Brandywine Repeats As PSUAC Women’s Basketball Champion
February 17, 2018 Brandywine Rolls Into Final; Looks To Repeat As Champion
February 9, 2018 Brandywine Secures No. 1 Seed On Senior Night
February 6, 2018 Brandywine Basketball Celebrating Senior Class Friday Night
February 6, 2018 York Halts Brandywine's Winning Streak
February 3, 2018 Brandywine Bests Schuylkill; Winning Streak Hits 12 Games
February 2, 2018 Brandywine Tops Hazleton 80-69 For 11th-Straight Win
January 30, 2018 Brandywine Doubles Up Mont Alto 82-41
January 26, 2018 Fayette No Match For Lions In 78-55 Rout
January 25, 2018 Victory At Valley Forge Pushes Brandywine's Win Streak To Eight
January 22, 2018 Brandywine Claims Lopsided Road Victory In D.C.
January 20, 2018 Brandywine Cruises To Sixth-Straight Victory
January 19, 2018 Brandywine Starts Fast; Rolls Through Beaver
January 17, 2018 Brandi James Lauded As USCAA Player Of The Week
January 15, 2018 Third Quarter Run Leads Brandywine To Win At Wilkes Barre
January 13, 2018 Brandywine Edges Mont Alto; Improves To 5-0 In PSUAC
January 12, 2018 Lions Pick Up PSUAC Victory At DuBois
January 5, 2018 Brandywine Escapes Bryn Athyn With 50-44 Triumph
January 3, 2018 Brandywine Drops First Game After Break At Widener
December 20, 2017 Lions’ Rally Comes Up Short At Eastern
December 9, 2017 Brandywine Tops Scranton In Late-Night Affair
December 5, 2017 Brandywine Rides Strong Defensive Effort Past York
December 2, 2017 Brandywine Claims Conference Opener 68-53 At Lehigh Valley
November 30, 2017 Brandywine Deals Davis 69-49 Defeat
November 27, 2017 Berks Drops Brandywine In Lions’ Home Opener
November 21, 2017 Velez Earns PSUAC Player Of The Week Honors
November 21, 2017 Stanford Leads Brandywine Past Immaculata
November 19, 2017 Brandywine Pulls Away From Bryn Athyn For First Win
November 18, 2017 Lions Drop Neumann Tournament Opener
November 15, 2017 Brandywine Falls Short In Overtime At Rosemont
November 14, 2017 Basketball Season Tips Off Wednesday